Sorry I was completely MIA for so long. My roommate broke her foot a couple weeks ago and we live on the third floor of our apartment so it's been a bit of a struggle. For awhile I was busy helping her, but lately I've just been busy with school! I have had some time to sew though, and here are two things I finished recently.
The top is Simplicity 9559, a vintage pattern that I picked up awhile ago. I made it out of plain white cotton shirting and I love how it turned out! I want about 20 more tie-neck tops, but I'd probably make plain cap sleeves next time. These sleeves make me look like a linebacker!
I used a heavier interfacing than I should've because it's what I had on hand, but I'd definitely use something lighter next time. Also the buttons are off-center, but that's totally my fault and you can't really see them. Otherwise I have no complaints!
Sorry the picture quality is so crappy...it's been rainy and grey nonstop the past week so taking pictures outside isn't really an option and even inside it's not too pretty. Hopefully it'll clear up soon and I can get some nice shots outdoors!
Anyway, the skirt is refashioned from a big dress I got at Goodwill. I forgot to take a before picture (typical) but it had a gathered skirt and a princess-seamed bodice with buttons up the front. I actually tried to turn it into a wearable dress by taking it in and adding piping in the bodice seams, but I ended up completely screwing it up. I salvaged the skirt by adding an elastic casing and some pretty lace at the hem.