Sunday, April 3, 2011

Here Comes the Sun Skirt

I say this every year, but this winter was SO long!  Actually I don't mind the cold so much.  Sure, I'd love to wear skirts and dresses everyday but I can deal for a couple of months.  The lack of sun, though, just kills me!  Today is the first warm and sunny day since I've been back from spring break.  What better way to celebrate than to rope your roommate into taking pictures for you in the creepy lot behind your apartment?


This is Simplicity 6896.  I made the capri version once before (pre-blog, I'll post them eventually!) and I wanted a simple pattern to show off this cute fabric.  It had pockets, a side zip, front and back pleats, and belt carriers.  I made my usual size 12, like before, but I probably could've gone down one more size because it bunches a little with a belt on.  I got the fabric back in December from fabric.com.  


Excuse the wrinkles!


It came together really quickly since I made it before.  I think the only change I made was to cut about 3" off of the bottom.  It looked a little too matronly with all of that length.

I pressed it before we took pictures, but I can't get rid of that annoying factory crease down the middle!  Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. cute skirt!
    the cupcake goddess has these tips on pressing and that silly crease down the middle

    http://www.thecupcakegoddess.com/the-cupcake-goddess/2011/03/pressing-fabric.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable skirt. Isn't it funny how the sun just makes us happy? I was the same way this weekend, even though it was still pretty chilly outside.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!