Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Blouse Refashion


I found this top at Goodwill a couple months ago.  I loved the lightweight cotton and the ruffles but it was a couple sizes too big and crying out for some color!


The top had a side zip, but I decided to turn it into a button-up.  I cut straight up the center, between the ruffles, and applied lace to the inside like in the picture below.  That gives the buttonholes a little more stability and covers the raw edges.  I lapped the right side over the left and made buttonholes.


Then I removed the sleeves and sewed up the sides to fit.  I had to reshape the sleeves a little to fit the new armholes, then I sewed them back on.  Quick and easy!





4 comments:

  1. Your blouse is very pretty, nice refashionning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great refashion. looks so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work! it suits you!
    I want to have a try at that someday! refashion something!

    Olivia :)
    http://jollypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fabulous refashion! I saw it on Burdastyle and wanted to let you know that you did a great job. Btw, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!