Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mom's Birthday!

Here are a couple little things that I made for my Mom's birthday, which was last Thursday.  Happy birthday, Mom!



A little zippered pouch, made with scraps from my stash and this wonderful tutorial.  I love the canvas-like outside fabric.  I have about 4 yards of it!  I got it at a vintage shop, but I haven't made anything with it other than this.  I'm thinking about a bag for spring, maybe view B of Simplicity 2685.



I visited a little bead shop that just opened up in November, and the owner helped me make these earrings.  The total was only $10 for both pairs!  I really jewelry making, but I don't think I can afford to pick up another hobby!

I know I've been saying this for weeks, but I'm finally almost done with Butterick 5319.  I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting about making your dress. It's so fun to sew for yourself I think. Can't wait to see it
    pics-o-andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little pouch is so cute. What a great shape.

    And thanks for the stylish blogger award! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!