Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thrifted!

Well, I'm officially the most awkward self-photographer ever.  It took me about 30 shots to get this one.  Seriously.  My camera was sitting on top of my music stand, which I couldn't raise any higher, so the top of my head is cut off.  Oy.  Any tips on being your own photographer?




Anyways, I was inspired by Sydney over at The Daybook.  She did a post about thrifting here and styled this boring, boxy top to make it something really wearable and current.  I found this top at Goodwill last weekend and fell in love with the print, even though it might be a bit grandma.  There's a back slit and a button, which needs to be replaced.  I can't tell if I should take it in or leave it as-is.  Thoughts?

I'm struggling through the finishing steps of Butterick 5319, which I'm making for a friend.  My zipper foot broke so I ordered a new one yesterday, along with a hemming foot that I'm excited to try out!

1 comment:

  1. Cute top, with a great print! I love boxy tops - so comfortable ;)

    I use a camera tripod to take photos now - it makes life so much easier! Before I purchased the tripod, I perched my camera on a stack books sitting on a chair. It was a little tricky, but it did the job :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!