Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunshine makes for MUCH better photos.

We got about 12 minutes of sunshine this afternoon.  I spent about 8 of those minutes frantically searching for my camera and snapping pictures of some little projects I've done recently.  For the other 4 minutes I sat right by the window, closed my eyes, and soaked up some vitamin D!





Here's one of the little projects I did last week.  I decided it was unfair of me to leave my poor machine out to collect dust and then expect it to work properly whenever I want it to, so I made a simple cover.  The middle part was a stocking stuffer from my Mom.  It's actually a dish towel from Girls Can Tell, but I thought the sewing machine diagram was too cute to be used in the kitchen!  I used some cotton leftovers for the sides and did a simple double hem.  Easy and quick!

The other things I've been working on are for my Mom's birthday on Thursday.  I'll post pictures once I know she's gotten her package!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for your comment on my shorts!
    This is a very cute sewing machine cover. I love the print of the sewing machine on the side... So perfect, and much better than having it on a dishtowel!
    Wow! 12 minutes of sunshine must be hard to take. We have completely the opposite problem at the moment; more like 15 hrs of extreme sunshine, which is not always as wonderful as it sounds... I hope the sun pops out longer for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dishtowel refashion; it's perfect for a sewing machine cover! I really love how it adds interest instead of just looking like your trying to hide something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dishtowel is perfect--and you reminded me I should probably take better care of my machine! I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!