Sunday, February 6, 2011

Smooth Sailing Skirt



I've done a bad thing...I took pictures before I actually finished the garment!  I rarely do that, but I know this week's going to be crazy and I won't get a chance to take pictures for awhile.  And it just needs to be hemmed.  Okay, maybe I was also a little excited about posting.

As soon as I rescued this fabric from the sale shelf at JoAnn, I knew it had to be a skirt.  I made a simple rectangle shape and gathered it at the top with elastic.  It's also lined since I knew the fabric would be see-through, and it has pockets.




I feel like it might be a little too poofy, but a good pressing might help.  I did make a pretty huge rectangle...it was the length of the fabric, which was 45".  Maybe I'll take a little off the sides next time!



Anyway, it's great for twirling around in and I can't wait to wear it when it warms up outside.  Oh and aren't those shoes cute?  I got them for $1.50 at Goodwill and they're hardly worn.  I love when that happens!


Have you started working on any spring projects yet?  I'm rescuing a Goodwill blouse with some new buttons and have another top in the queue.  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. love this skirt! great use of the pattern. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for something similar.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!