Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wearable Fabric?

Is this fabric too crazy/strange/ugly for a simple elastic waist skirt?




My boyfriend's parents' neighbor heard that I sew and she sent over this and some other flowery fabric.  The underside has a sheen and it looks like silk, and the selvage says "An Original Screen Print--Bloomcraft."  There's just over one yard.  Part of me thinks it's cool and different, and another part of me thinks it's too out there and not my style.

I think part of the problem is that I would have no idea how to style a skirt like this.  Black top and tights?  Brown?  I have no idea!

1 comment:

  1. It is kind of a crazy fabric--but in a cool way. I see it in the summer (as a skirt) with a tank top and sandals or a really big tote bag. Like a beach bag or a drawstring top.

    Mmm, and the 6459 you are working on is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!