Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sketchbook Cover for Dad



My dad told me he wanted a new sketchbook for Christmas, but I wanted to find a way to personalize it a bit.  I found this free tutorial at Bloom and adapted it for an 8.5" x 11" book.  I used a quilting cotton from JoAnn's and some fusible fleece, and did some simple embroidery on a few of the leaves.



The thin brown border wasn't intentional...the tutorial was fantastic, but somehow when I basted it together and tried it on the sketchbook for the first time is was about .5" too short on the top and bottom.  Agh!  I added the brown linen to compensate, but it isn't as neat as I would've liked.  Oh well, I don't think my dad will be too critical.  I think next time I'll make one for my planner!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!